1. Get in touch …
To commission a dog portrait, please get in touch by sending me an email with your thoughts – email@example.com Currently there is a waiting list of around 2 – 3 months but let me know if you have a more urgent request and I will do my best to fit you in sooner. Please note that from September I begin getting bookings for Christmas.
I offer two kinds of portrait; sketch portraits and paintings. The sketches are a combination of pencil or ink sketch and watercolour. Paintings begin with a careful pencil drawing and then many hours of careful watercolour glazes (layers). Although I approach the two very differently I enjoy working both ways and believe both are equally effective.
2. Taking a good photograph …
- Imagine your dog – do you see him/her alert and playful or relaxed and calm? Which would you prefer as a lasting portrait?
- Take the photograph in good natural light
- Make sure your dog is in focus and fills the frame. Get up close.
- Please send the highest resolution (the biggest file) you have.
- Send several photographs – a collection will give me more information and a better sense of your dog.
3. Prices …
A4 sketch portrait in ink/pencil and watercolour: £170
A3 sketch portrait in ink/pencil and watercolour: £230
A3 painting in watercolour: £370
Prices above are for a single dog – for more than one dog, please get in touch. To secure the time for your portrait, I require a non-refundable 50% deposit, with the remainder paid on completion. Payment plans and gift vouchers are available – please get in touch for details. All portraits are sent securely packaged, via tracked and signed-for Royal Mail. I regularly ship worldwide, please get in touch for international shipping costs.
4. Bespoke …
I am absolutely happy to discuss other sizes, several dogs together, other animals and so on. If you have something specific in mind please just get in touch and I’d be delighted to talk it through with you.
Please note that all copyright remains with the artist and images may be reproduced by the artist and sold as limited edition prints or other printed media.